Thursday 25 August 2011

Really fast note.


Really fast note.  On 8/24/11 at around noon I was looking out my 18th floor window at the port and I saw a pickup stop and three guys drag what I first thought was a big bag of trash and drop it in the sea.  I looked again and thought I saw an arm.  I went down for a closer look and discovered it was a body.  I hailed some rebels driving by and soon there were about 50 of them.  Their ‘leader’ told me they could tell from the boots that the body was that of a government loyalist, probably military intelligence.  A lady arrived and her photo of her taking a photo is below.  She says she is a relative of the man.  The rebels said they would send someone to pick up the body but 7 hours later its still there……..best, franklin

Some photos of the event below:

 The “trash bag” from my hotel window…..small white dot

What is discovered when I crossed the road to the beach

 This lady came by and said she was a relative

 I hailed a rebel pickup and soon around 50 with guns showed up….they were friendly

One group of rebels leader Ahmad……..says he is al Qeada supporter and wants nato out NOW!

 Some of these ‘rebels’ who got out of rebel vechincles I recognized from pro Kaddafi rallies at Green (now Maryter) square………

Still no one has come for this body……..the rebels told me to stay inside tonight……the streets will be dangerous as they expect Kaddafi forces to surface………rebels say Gaddafi supporters are driving around with rebels flags on their cars and shooting passersby who wave at them……..

The President is said to be thinking about doing just that.
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: