Saturday 18 September 2010

"... A Nightmare for All..."

Via Froday-Lunch-Club

Abumuqawama at CNAS:

" I want to make clear that I do not believe another war in southern Lebanon is likely to serve the interests of the peoples of either Israel or Lebanon. I also do not believe the kind of war Jeff foresees will serve U.S. interests. I think peace, in other words, is in everyone's interests....
Finally, Jeff feels confident that Israel would "win", operationally and tactically, in the event of another war with Hizballah. I, by contrast, think the scenario he envisions amounts to a nightmare for all parties in the region and do not think either Israel or Hizballah would end the war with a better peace than the one they enjoy now."
(Full report/ here)
Posted by G, Z, or B at 5:24 PM
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: